Due to its high lecithin content, eggs have amazing conditioning and moisturizing properties.
Raw eggs applied to damp (unwashed hair), left to dry and then shampooed out will result in super soft, shiny hair.
Eggs act as a hair strengthener, volumizer and thickener.
Egg Treatment Conditioning Pak Recipe
- 1 or 2 fresh raw cage-free eggs
- In small bowl, beat eggs with a fork.
- Dampen unwashed hair under a faucet and lightly towel dry. This will allow the eggs to bind to the hair.
- Stand over a tub or sink (to prevent a mess) and apply the beaten eggs to the hair in sections. Make sure to apply the egg to the roots and ends of hair.
- Secure hair with a clip and cover shoulders with a towel (in case the egg drips). Do not cover hair with a plastic cap. This will prevent the egg from drying.
- Once the egg has dried (it will feel hard to the touch), hop in the shower and rinse thoroughly with cool water.
- Shampoo and condition as usual. If your hair tends to become dry or hard with commerical protein treatments, deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner to soften the hair.
Your hair will be soft, shiny and full of volume! If used once a month, eggs will make your hair thicker, softer and more voluminous.