Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Incredible 100% Yummy Chocolate Dress!



A dress made entirely of chocolate has been unveiled for National Chocolate Week.
The strapless number complete with rippling skirt took two weeks to make, 24 hours to hand paint and weighs a heavy 50kg.
Lindt partnered with this year's Gradate Fashion Week Gold Award winner to create the elegant frock celebrating all things chocolate for this year's event.
Winner Lauren Smith, 23, from Edinburgh designed the Eternal Diamond dress, modelled here on Fiona Bitmead, 28.
The mouth-watering must-have was completely handcrafted using Lindt Excellence chocolate by award-winning food artist Paul Wayne Gregory.
The dress was officially unveiled at Salon du Chocolat's world famous fashion show in London on Friday for the October 14-20 holiday.
Drawing on her inspiration for the one-off design, Lauren said: 'It was such an exciting opportunity being able to create my first ever chocolate dress and work with the Lindt Master Chocolatier, who is as passionate about chocolate as I am about fashion.'
'I started to think of colours and what I wanted to add to the design. They wanted something that would be really feminine so I started playing around with simple shapes. They wanted something quite fitted too,' Lauren told the Edinburgh News.
'I wanted to make it simple but bold so I decided to go with this A-line shape skirt and bodice.
'What I had in mind was the elegant diamond chocolate - which is the symbol of Lindt excellence - and I really wanted to use chilli and orange segments as they were some of the raw ingredients in the chocolate.'

Credit: Daily Mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment